How to apply for a grant
To apply for funds from the Community Trust of Mid and South Canterbury
1. Read the Trust’s Grants Policy. The policy explains amongst other things:
• who the Trust will receive applications from
• the purposes for which the Trust will consider an application
• the information required to support the application
• the closing dates for applications
2. Discuss your application proposal with the Community Relations Manager to ensure that your organisation and project are eligible to apply. Please note that national groups applying for funding for local delivery are advised to provide local financials, statistics and narratives to support their application.
3. Complete an Application Form online. Be prepared with digital copies of the attachments required, eg evidence of community support for your proposal, supporting documentation for key staff (if relevant), project budget (including both income and expenses), financial and banking documentation (including annual accounts, bank statements, deposit slip), evidence to support expenses described (quotes, contracts), verified minutes or resolution to apply for funding.
4. Submit the completed On-line Application prior to 5pm on the closing date for the round (applications cannot be transferred from one round to the next).
5. Generally organisations should apply only once within the Community Trust’s financial year.
A Community Trust grant is not subject to GST.
The Community Trust now has an Online Only application process.