Community House offers affordable accommodation and resources for up to twenty five “Not for Profit” community organisations within the South Canterbury District. Groups are able to use the building’s facilities such as meeting rooms, interview rooms and photocopier.
Who Runs Community House
Community Trust Mid & South Canterbury provide the resources and staffing to run Community House. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the administration and day-to-day management of the House and reports directly to the Trust Board. Current tenants are listed here.
Tenants meet quarterly to discuss issues and make recommendations relating to the Community House facility and services provided.
Criteria for Shared Office Space
- As outlined in Office Space above, except that these groups will be working less than 20 hours per week from the office.
- Pricing varies according to the number of groups sharing an office. The core services are the same as for Dedicated Office Space
- Reception: Community House provide a Receptionist/Administrator for 25 hours per week. Reception area monitoring is done by all tenants when the reception area is unmanned.
- Meeting Room: There is a meeting room on the ground floor, suitable for up to 20 people, with its own kitchenette. An LCD TV screen and Electronic Whiteboard are also available with this room. The room and equipment is free to use for Community House tenants.
- Interview rooms: The two Interview Rooms are suitable for small meetings of up to 4 people. These rooms provide a private space for meetings and each has a telephone and computer point available.
- Storage space: Storage space on a permanent or casual basis is available for Community groups. Lockable storage area, reception service for parcels, security access for after hours use of a large storage room. Storage in garage in your own lockup cupboards – $10 per month including GST.
- Word processing and photocopying: Reception can provide a word processing service for community groups. Rates are standard and pin numbered access can be arranged to provide a DIY service. Shared access to print finishing equipment is also available including binding machine, laminator and heavy-duty staplers.
- Display space: A variety of display options are available. Reception can provide details of how this operates.
- Accessible Facilities: Accessible access is available through Reception and Room 10. Accessible bathroom facilities are also available. There are also two disability car parks available beside Community House. Please note the first floor is accessible by stairway only.
- Parking: Tenants can lease a named carpark on a monthly basis. Clients should generally use public parking options
Print Finishing (Rates Include GST)
Community House can provide Binding, Laminating, Heavy Duty Stapling. Organisations are encouraged to do their own print finishing and our pricing policy reflects this. Our reception staff are happy to provide any training required or, if time is of the essence, complete the task on your behalf.
Binding Machine – Binding Comb (20 to 90 sheets)
Clear Cover: $0.25
Backing Card: $1.00
Laminating – Up to 300gsm Board
A4 Pocket: $1.00
A3 Pocket: $2.00
Approximately $2.50 per page
A Free Service – Logos, text, etc
Static Display Space:
A Free Service. Display Space must be booked at reception. Community Notice Board & Brochure Racks are also available.
How to apply:
- To access the facilities and resources in Community House simply discuss your requirements with the Chief Executive Officer, Liz Shea.
- Services can be charged on a monthly or casual basis.
- Criteria for office space and other information are available from reception.
- If no suitable space is immediately available, your organisation will be placed on a waiting list.