Grant Acknowledgement Guidelines
It is a minimum requirement of your acceptance of a Community Trust grant that you acknowledge the funds received in your Annual Report. It is also expected that you will recognise the support provided by the Community Trust through other available channels. The Community Trust will consider the acknowledgement of any previous grant when considering new applications.
Below is a guide on how your organisation may acknowledge the Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury grant:
|Grants up to $4,999||Website text, social media, newsletter, digital photos, letter of thanks|
|Grants $5,000 – $9,999||As above, also certificate, media releases|
|Grants $10,000 – $19,999||As above, also opening/event promotion, photo opportunity, website logo|
|Grants $20,000- $49,999||As above, also signage|
|Grants $50,000 – $99,999||As above, also permanent signage, opening/event representation|
|Grants $100,000 – $199,999||As above, also printed materials logo|
|Grants $200,000 – $499,999||As above, also potential naming rights, stationery logo|
|Grants over $500,000||As above, also naming rights|
For example, you could:
- Include an article featuring our grant and using the Community Trust’s logo in your newsletter
- Give acknowledgement of the support during project events, launches or openings/completions, and in project publications and brochures
- Use Community Trust signage (On loan from the Community Trust if available) at project events, launch, opening or completion ceremonies
- Attach (at your own cost) the Community Trust Logo and the words “Proudly supported by the Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury” on any significant items of capital equipment purchased and buildings constructed or refurbished as a result of a major grant
- Acknowledge the Community Trust as a supporter on your website or Facebook page and hyperlink our logo to our website www.comtrust.org.nz
- Make reference to the Community Trust’s grant in any media statements associated with a project grant, publication, event, launch, opening or completion ceremony
- Provide, where possible, digital images of people benefiting from the grant for publicity purposes and inclusion in the Community Trust’s publications and on the Community Trust’s websites
- Invite representatives of the Community Trust to any project event, launch, opening or completion ceremony
The Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury has flags and banners available on loan and certificates and stickers featuring the Community Trust logo for display use in buildings and on equipment.
Please contact us with your thoughts or questions on how you would like to publicise our grant. Please note that the Community Trust is not a sponsor and acknowledgement should recognise us as a supporter, for example “Proudly supported by the Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury”.
Contact the Community Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 672 287 to discuss these options.
Approved February 2019