Community House offers affordable accommodation and resources for up to twenty five “Not for Profit” community organisations within the South Canterbury District. Groups are able to use the building’s facilities such as meeting rooms, interview rooms, photocopier & fax machine.
Who Runs Community House:
The Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury Inc provides the resources and staffing to run the House. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the administration and day-to-day management of the House and reports directly to the Trust Board. Current tenants are listed here.
Tenants meet quarterly to discuss issues and make recommendations relating to the Community House facility and services provided.
- Meeting Rooms: There is a meeting room on the ground floor, suitable for up to 20 people, with its own kitchenette. An OHP, TV/Video, Data Projector & Electronic Whiteboard is also available with this room. The room and equipment is free to use for Community House tenants. Another meeting room suitable for up to 20 people is upstairs with access to kitchen and toilet facilities. Powerpoints available for electronic equipment.
- Interview rooms: The two Interview Rooms are suitable for small meetings of up to 4 people. These rooms provide a private space for meetings and each has a telephone and computer point available
- Storage space: Storage space on a permanent or casual basis is available for Community groups.
- Word Processing & photocopying: Reception can provide a word processing service for community groups. Rates are standard and pin numbered access can be arranged to provide a DIY service. Shared access to print finishing equipment is also available including binding machine, laminator and heavy-duty staplers.
- Faxing: Tenants and other community groups are welcome to use our fax service. Rates vary depending on number of pages and destination
- Display space: A variety of display options are available. Reception can provide details of how this operates.
- Accessible Access: Accessible access available through Room 10 via ramp in courtyard
|Room||Size (People)||Hourly Rate||Half Day 3-4 hrs||Full Day 5-8 hrs|
|Meeting||15 – 20||$15.00||$50.00||$80.00|
*Prices Include GST
Groups are asked to arrange their own catering.
Organisations can do their own copying and either charge it to a monthly account or pay “as you go.” All copying costs 10 cents per page whether A4 or A3., Colour – 30 cents per page
Faxes are sent by reception while you wait. Prices depend on destination and number of pages.
a) Criteria for Office Space
- The group must be a not-for-profit, non government group.
- The group must be a legal entity or be under such an umbrella.
- Priority will be given to groups who operate for at least 20 hours per week, and have a voluntary component to their activities.
- Groups must work with an open door policy and be prepared to work co-operatively and in harmony with other groups in Community House,
- Normally, only one office will be allocated per tenant but further space may be allocated on a case by case basis, where there is a proven need.
- Each group is expected to contribute to Community House – e.g. fire warden/first aiders.
b) Criteria for Shared Office Space
- As for a) above, except that these groups will be working less than 20 hours per week from the office.
c) Criteria for Office–In–A–Box
The core service includes a pigeon hole, mailing address, access to meeting room & interview rooms on a booking basis, and the stationery purchasing network. This concept can be custom made to meet the needs of your organisation. Groups can use Office-In-A-Box to:
- Run a Resource Library
- Provide a point of contact for their members (eg. telephone message taking service)
- Offer a Counselling Service
- Utilise part time office space (eg. Operating from an interview room, using a phone line & Computer)
- Use meeting rooms for regular meetings
Some additional costs may apply depending on services used.
Dedicated Office Space
The core service includes mailing address, pigeon hole, security access, free use of meeting and interview rooms. Tenants are responsible for their own telephone costs, provided by a PABX system, and office cleaning. Office space is calculated at $4.96 per square metre, plus GST.
Shared Office Space
This varies according to the number of groups sharing an office. The core services are the same as for Dedicated Office Space
OFFICE -IN-A-BOX $40 per month including GST
Suitable for small organisations that only need an office on the “odd” occasion. With this service, Community House provides:
- A mailing address and a pigeon hole
- The advantage of using 27 Strathallan St, P O Box 983 Timaru, as their postal address.
- Free access to the Meeting Room on a booking basis
- Free access to interview rooms on a booking basis
- Ability to store their own lockable cabinet within the Storage area.
- Access to all other shared resources within the building.
Community House can tailor your office needs in a way that best suits your community group. All offices are suitable as a workspace for staff and include access to the meeting room, interview rooms and shared resources.
Lockable storage area, reception service for parcels, security access for after hours use of a large storage room. Storage in garage in your own lockup cupboards – $10 per month including GST.
Community House provides a reception/Administrator for 25 hours per week. Reception area monitoring is done by all tenants when the reception area is unmanned.
Print Finishing (Rates Include GST)
Community House can provide Binding, Laminating, Heavy Duty Stapling. Organisations are encouraged to do their own print finishing and our pricing policy reflects this. Our reception staff are happy to provide any training required or, if time is of the essence, complete the task on your behalf.
Binding Machine – Binding Comb (20 to 90 sheets)
Clear Cover: $0.25
Backing Card: $1.00
Laminating – Up to 300gsm Board
A4 Pocket: $1.00
A3 Pocket: $2.00
Approximately $2.50 per page
A Free Service – Logos, text, etc
Static Display Space:
A Free Service. Display Space must be booked at reception. Community Notice Board & Brochure Racks are also available.
Tenants can lease a named carpark on a monthly basis. Clients should generally use public parking options
Community House Access:
Community House is fully accessible on the ground floor and has two disability car parks available in its own car park beside Community House. The first floor of Community House is accessible by stairway only.
How to apply:
- To access the facilities and resources in Community House simply discuss your requirements with the Chief Executive Officer, Liz Shea.
- Services can be charged on a monthly or casual basis.
- Criteria for office space and other information are available from reception.
- If no suitable space is immediately available, your organisation will be placed on a waiting list.